As spring turns to summer in Houston, you’re probably looking for ways to spruce up your patio. With the right , your patio can become your summer oasis. When you’re ready to upgrade your outdoor furniture set, Exclusive Furniture is here to help. We’ve put together a few tips for how you can turn your patio into your own personal oasis!
One of the simplest ways to craft your oasis is to update your outdoor furniture. If you’re still using the same old plastic chairs you picked up decades ago, get ready to find them a new home. Do you need a patio table with outdoor seating, or would some outdoor lounge chairs over outdoor rugs better suit your style?
From wrought iron dining sets to rocking chairs made of wicker, your outdoor space could feel like a second living room. All it needs is the right patio furniture a little bit of love.
In Houston, patio furniture needs to be comfortable in the heat, and plastic can cause more harm than comfort. Depending on what kind of maintenance and style you’re open to, we have a broad spectrum of choices that suit an array of style preferences.
As you build your summertime oasis, your outdoor furniture shouldn’t be too bland. You will want everything to match and flow together. However, you don’t want it to be boring.
With the right patio furniture, you can add pops of color to your yard. Breathe life into your patio with a beautiful selection that makes you and your home look great.
In the Houston summer, color can be exactly what we need to get us out of the AC. If you already have your ideal patio furniture, consider adding a decor piece or throw pillows that will bring in some color. Patio umbrellas are another great way to accent your outdoor space and tie it all together.
Who can enjoy their oasis when the bugs are biting? No sane person wants those insects buzzing all around as they enjoy an evening cocktail with their friends. Plus, those pests do more than bite. They can carry dangerous diseases.
While most mosquitoes are active between dawn and dusk, you deserve to enjoy your oasis whenever you want. Don’t schedule your time around the bugs. Here are some tips to help you enjoy a pest-free oasis.
• Add natural repellents. Marigolds, mint, and rosemary are just a few examples of natural repellents you can add to your patio.
• Make some lavender ribbons. Mosquitoes hate lavender, which smells amazing. Add a few drops of lavender oil to some ribbons and hang them around your oasis to keep them away.
• Light some citronella candles. Citronella candles are a popular way to ward off those nasty pests. Moreover, it’s a common ingredient in repellents. The strong citrus scent will help to keep mosquitoes at bay.
• Hang some birdhouses in your yard. Birds love to eat mosquitoes. When you give birds a place to nest, it encourages them to stay in your area and feast on pests.
• Drain standing water. Check to make sure there’s no standing water around your outdoor furniture. Be sure to drain any bird baths, inflatable pools, or other items where water may sit.
• Place coffee grounds outside. Keep coffee grounds in an open container outdoors for a month. When you find some standing water, sprinkle the grounds in it. This can kill larvae left behind by mosquitoes.
• Grill rosemary. It may sound a bit strange, but throwing rosemary on a grill can help to keep mosquitoes away.
• Install a mosquito tent. Protect yourself and your guests in style with a mosquito net around your outdoor furniture.
Building a garden around the patio is a great way to beautify your home. If you don’t have a green thumb, look for some “beginner” plants that will make the entire process easier on you. For example, marigolds, pansies, and sunflowers are excellent plants that don't require an abundance of maintenance.
Keep in mind that some plants should stay indoors while others thrive outside. Here are a few easy outdoor plants to consider:
Gardening also has a lot of health benefits! According to the , working in a garden can enhance your mood and lower risks associated with .
Mood Lighting Beautifies Your Space
The right lighting can do wonders for making a space feel like it’s truly yours. Consider how beneficial it can be to string hanging lights around your patio. They provide a heightened level of ambiance to your patio in the evenings that will make it a dreamy space to entertain your friends. Whether you want an outdoor space that evokes zen, chic, or a beach paradise, the right lighting will help you tie your space together.
Find Your Dream Outdoor Furniture at Exclusive
If you’re on the hunt for outdoor furniture in Houston, Exclusive Furniture is the place for you! We have a beautiful selection of patio furniture that will suit a wide array of style preferences. We pride ourselves in helping people craft their home solutions.
Visit one of our , and one of our sales associates will help you find the furniture best fit for you.